What are we looking for?

We will select companies with disruptive innovations that respond to unmet and incremental innovation, that prove greater value than other existing solutions in the market. These companies need to demonstrate significant traction, i.e. must have tested the solution and business model with clients and/or users, and have adjusted the product or service to a focused market. These companies must be generating sales and/or have raised private capital in the last year.

Know more

 

What do we offer?

Equity free money

Follow-on fund that offers 60 Million Chilean pesos to Chilean companies that need the extra capital to grow in Chile and expand to the rest of Latin America and the world. The money will be given through a co-financed grant in which Start-Up Chile will put up to CLP 60M (about USD $90K), corresponding to 70% of the fund; the recipients of this grant must put up the remaining 30%.

Mentoring

Our mentors are both talented and eager to help you grow. Start-Up Chile´s network expands beyond the borders of Chile with mentors in many parts of the world. Our mentors are not paid for their contributions, but do it out of the pure love for building companies, creating value and impacting the world.

Benefits

This program will provide work visa for one year for the foreign teams that get selected and were appointed during the application. (to apply to this program, you must go through Seed or TSF first) You can get up to $ 300,000 USD in perks like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft BizSpark, Facebook Start, among others. Finally, all teams are able to use our co-working space for up to 12 months after arrival to the program, 100% free.

How to apply

Every applicant will upload their application in an online form including information about the traction and scale of the company, work plan and expected results and the team.

In the form, the applicants should choose a Supporting Entity (Entidad de apoyo), which will help the company to:

  • Get the necessary insurance for the grant,
  • File the expenses for the grant to CORFO and,
  • Guide them in order to accomplish the goals of the project, to scale and expand the business internationally.

This supporting entity can be chosen before the application and indicated in the form. IF not, the entity must be appointed by the applicant company before the signature of the grant contract (Read terms and conditions to find out about the supporting entities)

Video

Every applicant will have to upload a 3 minute video describing the team, traction and impact of the company and the work schedule.

Recommendation letters

Only provide the email of the person that will write your recommendation letter. Once it has been submitted (during the application process), the person will receive a notification asking to write one.

What do we ask in return

We will ask you to go give back through our Founders Lab

Founders LAB

2017 Scale Gen 5 Announcement

SCALE is a program for top performing startups that are incorporated in Chile, have traction and are looking to scale...